Thursday 5 April 2012

Day #5

Ugh...this congestion is just annoying, but I did my best today with the vocal practice.


DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSION #3
     30 minutes warm up and 30 minutes practice Zerlina.

KEYBOARD SKILLS #4
     Scales and proper fingering.

VIEWING OF PROFESSIONAL OPERA #1
     As I have just finished reading Renee Fleming's "The Inner Voice" and watching her documentary, I thought it appropriate to watch something with her in it.  So I picked "Eugene Onegin" starring her and Dmitri Hvorostovsky.  This is the first opera I have watched in Russian and the first time I have seen Dmitri in an opera (have seen him in concert setting). 
By the end of the first act I was bawling...this set for this production was minimalist to the minimalist...something that had gotten bad reviews on iTunes, but I thought it was brilliant after I got used to it.  Tchaikovsky's music and the performances of Renee and Dmitri don't need a bunch of distraction.  They are exposed to the max with the set and it is a do or die task.  They are so good you become absolutely consumed with the story.  Although it is simple, the turmoil and emotion breaks your heart.  I am so glad I picked this one - this is what opera is about: beautiful singing, connecting to the role, and doing the story and music justice.  I am blown away...
Told you...crying for days.  Yeah I am watching it on my projector and my awesome headphones so as not to disturb my roommates!!

HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEAL #5
    I juiced 1/2 beet, 1/4 cabbage, 2 celery stalk, 1 peeled cucumber, and 1 Granny Smith apple and added 1 packet of stevia.  Sorry, but veggie juice is really bitter so I need something to take the edge off.  This was part of my dinner so not the only thing I had for a meal LOL

...DAILY INSPIRATION...

2 comments:

  1. ohww, I was wondering what to listen to this month, I may listen to this one too, I thin that may be interresting, actually! :O Something in Russian could be nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This production was perfectly done - Renee Fleming's voice is so beautiful and round I love it!

      Delete