Sunday 15 April 2012

Day #15

Half way there!!! Yet even more lost and confused than ever.  If you don't sing opera - I cannot begin to explain the level of frustration that is involved with learning this technique.  Every time I think I am beginning to do something right, the flood gates open of things that I am doing wrong.  The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that if I keep working at it, slowly these things will correct themselves, but it's such a painstaking process.  And then if I think about it too much I still sound bad because I am tense.  I didn't pick this path, it picked me.  There is an undeniable drive that is dragging me kicking and screaming it seems LOL It's also frustrating that when I gondoliered at the Venetian Macau, people would say that I should be in operas and it would depress me because at this point even with all my practice and focus on getting better, there is not an opera company in the World that would hire me.  I just need to get better.  AND I don't ever want anyone to say that I don't deserve my success (and of course success will happen), like they do with Katherine Jenkins (even though I still think she's great).  So ahead I tread through the blizzard, unable to see 1 foot in front of me, just praying to God my food lasts and that my compass is correct.


DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSION #12
     30 minutes warm-up as per lesson.  Repertoire Alleluja, Batti, Batti, La Danza.  These are all challenging pieces for me so yes it requires lots and lots of repetition...hopefully the roommates won't be too annoyed!

KEYBOARD SKILLS #11
     C and G scales, On Top of Old Smokey and The Can-Can (I don't know something out of my lesson book).  

HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEAL #15
     Ok os I really had this yesterday, but whatevs...love my fresh juice!!!

BODY CONDITIONING / FITNESS SESSION #10
     60 minutes P90X yoga...always great after gym workout on legs.  I actually did all the moving asanas AND I also did right angle pose with arms wrapped around leg and back...this is not comfortable and it's really the first time I've done it since I've been doing yoga again. Happy about that one - progress.

...DAILY INSPIRATION...
doesn't matter what I do I always try to do my best and give 100%.  Even when people around me don't, I never let them bring me down.  I just separate myself from them and continue on.  What concerns me is whether or not I feel I have done my best.  
I am never going to make everyone happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment