Sunday 1 April 2012

Day #1

So yes I started today! I can't wait to see how much I will improve and how much more fit I will become with this round.  I have also changed up my training a bit to get even better results!

Here's what I did today!!


DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSION #1
      I was practicing during my breaks at worked and practiced when I got home.  Seems like I am never satisfied with how I sound. Maybe one day I will be a master at this!  Alleluja, Apres un reve, Casta Diva, La Danza, Zerlina from Don Giovanni (this is the role Ia m learning), Bring me to life, Diamonds are forever, Big Spender, Separate ways, Rolling in the Deep, Umbrella.
     Yes I am trying to sing every style - why not?

KEYBOARD SKILLS #1
     C - M, m, Harmonic and Melodic scales, Am scale with main chords used. Dominant and Diminished 7ths.

HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEAL #1
      Breakfast had 1/2 cantaloupe along with other things...

BODY CONDITIONING / FITNESS SESSION #1
     30 minutes P90X yoga - really meant to do the entire thing, but ran out of time.  Now I know I need to prioritize my evening a bit better :)

...DAILY INSPIRATION...
this fits in perfectly with the book I am currently reading 
by Dr. Wayne Dyer "Excuses Be Gone!"

8 comments:

  1. Hi dear Tiffany! I found your blog very randomly, but it caught my attention: I'm a classical singer too, and tought I did not practice enough. I needed a little something to encourage me singing. Your blog was a total inspiration for me, I've been reading some parts for a week, and decided to do the same. I changed the rules a bit, but it looks kind of the same. It's written in french, but in case you ae interrested, here's the link: http://operaphasie30joursdopera.blogspot.ca/ I will be following you during this next step to the challenge! Keep it up! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great to hear I am glad you found inspiration! I need to work on my French anyway so I will definitely read yours!

      Delete
    2. My writting isn't too slang or something, it is quite well written -not too much mistakes, abreviations, no regionalisms, etc.- So you might not have a tough time reading it, it's quite clean. I wondered actually, if I can ask, where do you work? -I can't get an idea, actually... Do you work as a professional singer? -you do seem to have long breaks at work, and a keyboard? Or is it school? Or are you a music student? I admit that I'm kind of confused concerning that XD And how do you happen to get ALL that time for exercicing and practicing!?

      Delete
    3. I work at a theme park as a performer so I do have breaks during the day. The breaks are 30 minutes or longer and so I do my vocal warm up and then at a later time I will do repertoire. I wake up 1.5 hours before I leave for work in the morning and I have been doing keyboard in my room during that time. Last night I did yoga at about 12:30am before I went to bed. Today is my day off so I wasn't concerned about going to bed late. I have very little social life - rarely go out to dinner or out for drinks. I don't have the time. I have about 5 hours in the evening to get everything done usually.

      Delete
    4. ohwwww! I get it then now! I was so confused on how you could actually vocalise at work, and I couldn't imagine a place where you could do both of them xD ahhhh clear enough. That's very nice actually!!! You are quite lucky! What kind of repertoire do you perform there?

      Delete
    5. I am not a vocal performer in the park as the shows require dance training that I do not have...just using my looks and acting skills while I have them both in good form LOL

      Delete
    6. Ohww! So you're kind of a character? :) That's nice! :D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete