Monday 23 April 2012

Day #22-23

Ah so it's been a trying couple days...so I am putting them together. I didn't get much sleep last night so all day today I was sleeping during my breaks.  Not good.  Then I didn't have enough energy to go to the gym and then by the time I got home and practiced, my voice was so tired I just became frustrated.  Well, there's one week left and I have no choice but to amp it up!! Need to finish strong.  These challenges are hard, you must stay so focused and remember all the little things you have to do each day to pick away at the bigger picture.  


DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSION #17
      Didn't practice at all yesterday, but today I did my 30 minute warm up, Vissi d'arte, Summertime.  I tried to stay as lifted as I could and I noticed I wasn't as under as I had been so I think I just need more energy in the voice.  Still going out of tune on held notes so I'll have to ask about that next lesson.  I have a feeling I know what she'll say, but maybe I need to hear it in a different way.

HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEAL #22 & 23
      Yesterday I made some carrot and apple juice as an evening snack.  I was craving something sweet, but I didn't want candy and when I looked at the strawberries I didn't want those either.  I thought about carrots and that was the perfect plan!  Carrot/apple juice is so sweet and a delicious flavor.  I also made my roommate, Malone, try it - she seemed to like it as well. 
     Today I had a roast beef sandwich on ciabatta bread from work.  My Dr says I need more red meat (like once or twice a week) and I was wanting bread today as well.  I am trying to listen to what my body is telling me.  
     I think all the cantaloupe I've been eating, as good as it is, is messing up my stomach with the sugar content.  So I will eat maybe up to 1/4 of one a day instead of 1/2 and that will help with the budget and the tummy :)

...DAILY INSPIRATION...
meditate on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment