Saturday 28 April 2012

Day #27 - Friday April 27

Today was a busy day...I may not always get everything done that I need to, but I am getting so much better at managing my time I feel accomplished about that!  Some of you may or not know this, but a couple weeks ago when we had our audition at work for next year, the evening before (literally at like 11pm) I found out that a family member had passed away.  I had a difficult time that next day and after the audition I was out running errands.  I was going back and forth in my head about how I should feel and I finally just told myself I needed to get it together and keep moving forward.  Precisely two seconds after I had this thought I noticed and African-American lady with beautiful dreadlocks (I say African-American because I am pretty good now at determining where someone is from by how they dress, walk, etc - or maybe lucky guess LOL).  One of the best ways to feel better is to serve - I thought this lady could use a friendly face being that I knew she was so far from home.  As I passed by I said "Your hair is so beautiful" (because I LOVE and support natural hair) and she engaged me in conversation.  Any of you who know me know that I a quite shy and not really the conversationalist, but she was so open and kind; and maybe it was really me who needed the kind face.  I also met her husband and we all chatted for a few, but I had to go - can't remember for what but I was pressed for time. I was so grateful to them for showing me kindness, I explained what happened and without missing a beat they reached out and gave me a hug.  We exchanged contact info and she invited me and whoever else I wanted to bring, down to where she was working to sing and hang out.  This came to fruition today and Kyla, Jeremiah and I went to the Ritz-Carlton to meet Robbie in the Chihuly Lounge!


DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSION #21
     After my voice lesson I ran through a couple of pieces, Besame Mucho and Summertime at work and then again at home.  Being that I don't perform singing regularly I wanted to make sure I was as prepared as I could considering I didn't know how the accompanist was going to play - and so I would just be on autopilot in case my nerves got the best of me.    

LIVE PERFORMANCE #1
    I performed one piece Besame Mucho at the Ritz, where Robbie works.  The accompanist, Roberto, was AMAZING!!!!  He was so supportive and helped me right on along, which you can't hear, but he was very kind.  And clearly he knows his music - wonderful pianist!  The lounge is large with a relaxed feel and beautiful Chihuly art on the wall...we had tea while there and it was soooo good!! Can't drink the night before a double shift...yeah I work all day on Saturday!  The sound goes out in the beginning for like 10 seconds, but it comes back...

VOICE LESSON #4
     Natalia seemed to be pleased with my improvement, but is really getting on me about the performance aspect of my singing.  When on stage I thought I connected well to the music, but then I saw the performance from the student concert I did in March and I totally see what she's saying...I think way too much and I am too serious.  See, everytime I think I've made progress, there's another hump to get over!  Such is the process!

HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEAL #27
     Morning protein smoothie and I had a bit of toast as well!

...DAILY INSPIRATION...

No comments:

Post a Comment