Saturday 21 April 2012

Day #20

Had been feeling a bit out of sorts all day, but I did as much as I could:


VOICE LESSON WITH PROFESSIONAL COACH #3
     Actually enjoyed my lesson today, I felt as though I had made some good progress on my own and it showed.  Natalia was pleased with my work, but I still have a long way to go - the pressure she places on me is relentless.  We went over Vissi d'arte and Batti, batti.  She said I was doing better, but of course not amazing..."it's hard job, if easy everyone do it" in thick Russian accent.  When I walked into her apartment, this is what I found.  Simon looking very guilty (notice the torn paper in the background).  He loves singing with me and because he was out he gave me an extra special "hu-llo" greeting LOL


HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEAL #20
      Breakfast of champions...I am quite repetitive, but it works for me.  Keeps me full for a good portion of the day.  I hate feeling hungry/lightheaded, it's the WORST!!  Went to the movies though and had some Nerds...gotta have something bad at the movies!!

BODY CONDITIONING / FITNESS SESSION #13
     Gym time!!!  light warm up on the treadmill, abs of steel workout provided by Jake (Scorpion king - some people say you don't really need ab workouts...well he's got great abs so I'll do what he's doing thank you!).  3 sets x 15 reps of leg exercises plus 5-6 pull-ups every 2 exercises and dips at the end.  My legs are going to be amazing whether they want to or not!  I ran across this picture of me when I was sick almost two years ago.  I had started retaining water in addition to the weight I put on from the steroids.  I am so proud of where I am now.  I've come a long way and I will be more conscientious of what's going on with my system...can't take it for granted anymore!

I had been sedentary for months and I had lost so much muscle in my legs...it was all fat and water.  Oh my look at my fat face!!!  Yeah there's a term for it, it's called Moon-Face LOL Can you imagine the anguish I went through with the fact that I was employed based on my looks and looked like that.  My superiors treated me so kindly - they just wanted to see me get better, never did they threaten to fire me or anything negative.  They were great!  I think this is also the reason why when I feel a little under like a cold or something, I man up and work through it.  I know what it's like to REALLY be SICK...some little bug has nothing on what I can live through!

...DAILY INSPIRATION...

No comments:

Post a Comment