Wednesday 8 February 2012

Day 18

I am so glad that I am singing in the Singapore Symphony Orchestra Choir.  They have such a high standard and this experience is going to help me develop so much.  Mr Lim, the choir master, is not shy or subtle about pointing out the weaknesses with my voice.  There is no room for error, laziness, etc in this level of singing.

DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSION #17


     30 minutes warm up as per lesson
     >60 minutes keyboard skills Middle C and C position, 6ths, dotted quarter notes.  I'm happy to say that I am half way through my instructional book.  I have been recording all the songs that have lyrics.  Very simple, but as I am a beginner it's challenging!
     30 minutes fine tuning Fidelio with keyboard
     
LIVE INDUSTRY AUDITION #1

     Well...being that I live in Singapore, there are few and far between auditions available.  I may have another one on Sunday, but for now I am counting this as one audition.  I was required to reaudition for SSOC as previously stated.  He said that he wanted to check my vibratto make sure it wasn't too much for the choir (um wouldn't you have heard it by now??) but he also said that I needed to watch descending notes that I don't fall under the note, which is a common mistake.  I am not a common person, I am not an average person, why am I making these mistakes? He then stated that he wanted my in 2nd soprano for Carmina Burana, which is GREAT - I need the ear training, my harmonizing skills have about 99% room for improvement!  



This is me sitting in the auditorium, waiting for my turn to reaudition...couldn't ask Mr. Lim to take a pic with me...he scares me LOL

HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEAL #18

     The only thing healthy I had today was my morning shake with the Kefir...the rest of the day - shot.  But that's ok - I have a cheat day, well, because first of all sometimes you just need a taco and second, I've heard it helps spike your metabolism so your body doesn't get use to having low calories all the time.  I am not a dietician, I really have no idea, BUT I will try it and see how it goes.  I spent the first month of my diet last year without a cheat day and I had great results; we shall see how this goes!

...DAILY INSPIRATION...


There are a lot of things that I am not, but being someone who gives up isn't one of them THERE IS NO PLAN B

No comments:

Post a Comment