Saturday 4 February 2012

Day 14


I am so thankful I have the P90X DVD's.  I am sore in areas that I had been neglecting and I love all the balancing work...it's helping to kick my butt, which is exactly what I needed.  Oh and I will be buying Immortals on Blu-Ray...yeah that's random, but I watched it finally and WOW! I love it!

DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSION #13
      
     30 minutes keyboard skills - G, D7, and C chords
     30 minutes vocalizing as per recorded lesson
     Continue to translate/memorize current songs (Apres un reve)

HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEAL #14

     Almost every day I eat 100g of sweet potatoes.  This is so healthy for you and of course tastes really good.  I steam all my veggies, potatoes included, and really it's the easiest and quickest way to prepare them.  I started off by cooking them in the oven, but it took so much time and really the heat destroys all the good stuff! Um...it tastes better than it looks!!


BODY CONDITIONING / FITNESS SESSION #11
     
     60 minutes P90X Legs and Back track - yeah I know I've done this one a few times already, but as I don't have weights/bands and as my legs need the most work - it's ok :) I burned 310 calories.  For the pullups I focused on just getting to 5 pullups each time and I used a chair to help.
     15 minutes P90X Ab Ripper - I really like these tracks, they are quite challenging and you can ALWAYS have better form!  I burned 80 calories.

CHARITABLE DEED OR ACT OF KINDNESS #1

     YAY!!! Finally I have made a slight effort to complete this task.  I say slight because it's easy to give money or things, but more of a commitment to give time.  My cousin, Anna Guy Burroughs (http://t.co/B6HtjhO) is doing a 5K in March and donations are going towards Make-a-Wish Foundation, which is the group that raises money to grant wishes to children that have life threatening conditions.  Such a great organization and I am glad to support my cousin in her journey of fitness and philanthropy.


...DAILY INSPIRATION...

I so often hear people complaining about their circumstances...yes I do too, but I try to make it a vent to let it out, then I try to let it go. Sometimes I am successful, and sometimes it takes a little more work, but eventually I realize that this is what I asked for. The easy road would have been easy...but when all seems lost, when you've been kicked when you've been down, when you feel at your most alone, do you still have it in you to fight?  All of our experiences we need, even the ones we think we really could have done without.  




No comments:

Post a Comment