Sunday 22 January 2012

The Rules

First I would like to thank Cassidy Anderson for inspiring me to do this! And also I have completely stolen from her what I am about to post so the credit is hers for the research :) In her version there is a dance section...ok that's just not happening for me really I'd rather go to a Muay Thai class so I've increased the conditioning and fitness section by 5 sessions.




Being an opera singer is the most demanding genre of vocal performance.  The voice takes years to develop along with mastery of discipline and focus.  I know that as an artist I need to step up what I have been doing to take advantage of my potential and prepare myself for whatever may be coming next...Cassidy borrowed the requirements from Broadway Dance Center's "Full Voice Challenge" and has tailored them accordingly.  There is no more "park and bark" in opera and if I want to even think about playing with the big dogs, now's the time to get serious. 

THE 30 DAY VOICE CHALLENGE REQUIREMENTS

30 x DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSIONS
        Min. 30mins per day of singing practice. You must write a brief 'Daily Practice Report' outlining what your practice session consisted of.
4 x VOICE LESSONS WITH A PROFESSIONAL VOCAL COACH
        Min. 60mins per session. Sessions must be documented with a 'sign-off' photo or video featuring you and your vocal coach.
2 x LIVE VOCAL PERFORMANCES
        YOU perform LIVE!!! You are to perform at least one song in front of a live audience on two separate occasions. Performances must be documented by photo or video.
1 x LIVE PERFORMANCE VIEWING 
        Go out and see a live professional performance that INSPIRES you and post a photo of your ticket stub or program.
1 x LIVE INDUSTRY AUDITION
        Prepare for and attend a professional 'industry' audition (eg. Theatre Show, Theme Park, Live Band, etc.)
1 x DEMO RECORDING / YOUTUBE COVER
        Learn a new song, master it, and film yourself performing it and post it to YouTube.
30 x HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEALS
        Fuel that hard working body!!! Take snap shots of some of your healthy food choices & post them.
25 x BODY CONDITIONING / FITNESS SESSIONS
        Min. 45 mins. Types of sessions can include but are not limited to; Personal Training, Workout DVDs, Zumba, Gym Group Classes (Step, Pump, Spin, BodyCombat, etc.), Yoga, Pilates, etc.
5 x CHARITABLE DEEDS OR ACTS OF KINDNESS
        Pay it forward! Find 5 ways to give back to society and make someone's day. Document these acts via photo or video and post it on your blog.


Beginning now... Wish me luck...

4 comments:

  1. Oh Tiff, this is awesome!! I personally was envious of your hot body ALL THE TIME, before and after picture :) but I can totally see the tightening up in the after shot, you should be proud! I love this 30 day goal, can't wait to see how it's going!!! Rock xoxo, Crista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This coming from the QUEEN of hot bodies...what??? You are too kind! You're my inspiration too! You are so dedicated I respect and love that about you!

      Delete
  2. Hey Tiff! That's an awesome meal plan, but do you take all 5 meals per day? Like really, do you?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did for 6 weeks the end of last year. I now still eat the same but a little less and little to no beef. But yeah usually I eat 5 times believe it or not!!

      Delete