Saturday 28 January 2012

Day 7

Ran into Cassidy on my way home and she mentioned how much more she is able to fit into her day now that she is doing this challenge...I COMPLETELY agree!  Mind you, I don't really go out much or spend a lot of time just hanging out.  Almost all of my time is dedicated to completing these tasks and working.  Now I could just spend 1 hour practicing, but today when I woke up I practiced keyboard skills for about 45 minutes and I used the rehearsal space at work for another 2 hours singing.  That's a huge difference in practice time and I know it will pay off.  I have been about 80% sticking to my diet.  A couple things have come up that I decided it was more important to have fun and be in the moment than be too strict on myself.  All of this added effort is quite tiring, but no matter WHAT - you finish what you start. 


DAILY VOCAL PRACTICE SESSIONS #6

     45 minutes keyboard skills - practiced and recorded "The Donkey" nursery rhyme
     30 minutes warm-up as per voice lesson
     90 minutes repertoire.  My coach scolded me for not learning more new pieces so this week I have three new pieces that I am working on.  "Apres un reve", "Als Luise die briefe ihres ungetreun", "Casta Diva".  Also did "Quando men vo" - still working on that B. and of course the choir pieces "Fidelio" and "Carmina Burana".

HEALTH CONSCIOUS MEALS #7

     I really had intended on making the cultured vegetables and kefir this week, but that I actually did not find the time for.  Since it will be my first time making them I don't want to have to rush so I will try on my next days off to get it done.  I know I need to vary my diet a bit so I think maybe I will find a juice recipe tomorrow to try.  I did buy turkey bacon, so I will try that tomorrow morning as well.
     But of course I had my green shake this morning...I actually look forward to it, it's quite filling without being heavy.  

BODY CONDITIONING / FITNESS SESSIONS #5

     90 minute P90X YogaX track with a/c turned off...a bit of Bikram.  Burned 350 calories.

...DAILY INSPIRATION...


No comments:

Post a Comment